Garazha Natalia Alekseevna, Candidate of historical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of philosophy, history and law, Novorossiysk branch of the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation (56 Vidova street, Novorossiysk, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The problem of using Soviet citizens’ labor in the interest of the German war economy appears to be one of the pressing in the national historiography. In the spectrum of issues, including the delivery, the nature of exploiting and life organization of eastern workers, a particular importance is paid to the analysis of Soviet children’s and adolescents’ sojourn in the given conditions.
Materials and methods. The symbiosis of historical-genetic and system techniques allowed to consider the dynamics of the situation of children and adolescents regarding punitive measures of the German authorities, the attitude of German population thereto. It seems that this approch complements the semantic understanding of the processes taking place in the life of the Soviet people deported to Germany, including the conditions undertaken by the Nazis «racial» policy.
Results. Considering this age group of ostarbeiters in comparison with adults, regarding the circumstances of work quotaand remuneration, organization of everyday life, it appears evident that there were neither gender and age differences nor easing by the Nazi authorities. This once again illustrates the nature of the regime of the Third Reich and its objectives, the attitude to the world and man.
Conclusions. Socio-cultural and psychological characteristics of children and adolescents, specifics of communication both in the reference group, and with representatives of the opposing party, significantly affected the understanding of the situation of withdrawal from homes and forced labor for the enemy. TheGerman propaganda activities on educational recoding of Soviet children and adolescents had no success because of its hypocrisy, as well as due to the spiritual integrity of the younger generation of Soviet citizens, mobility and readiness for life challenges.
Ostarbaiter, eastern workers, the Great Patriotic War, children, adolescents, the Third Reich, exploitation of labor.
1. Rayonnyy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Temryukskogo rayona Krasnodarskogo kraya [Regional State Archive of Temryuk district of Krasnodar region]. F. 28. Op. 1. D. 685. 74 l.
2. Telegramma gauleytera Meyera Zaukelyu ob usilenii ugona v Germaniyu detey s okkupirovannoy territorii dlya raboty v voennoy promyshlennosti [Gauleiter Meyer’s telegram to Sauckel on intensification of chilren’s capture on the occupied territories for work in the military industry]. Available at: http://wolfschanze.narod.ru/prest/ 4.htm
3. Garazha N. A., Lokhova T. V. Gumanitarnye, sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie i obshchestvennye nauki [Socioeconomic, social sciences and humanities]. 2014, no. 11, pp. 178–183.
4. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Rossiyskoy Federatsii (GARF) [State Archive of the Russian Federation (GARF)]. F. R.-9408. Op. 1. D. 10.
5. GARF. F. R.-7021. Op. 148. D. 256.
6. Surovoe detstvo [Stern childhood]. Comp.: M. K. Volkov, A. Ya. Zakharov. Voronezh: Tsentr dukhovnogo vozrozhdeniya Chernozemnogo kraya, 2013, 256 p.
7. Belorusskie ostarbaytery: istoriko-analiticheskoe issledovanie [Belarussian ostarbeiters: historical-analytical analysis]. Minsk: NARB, 2001, 336 p.
8. Nyurnbergskiy protsess [Nuremberg judgment]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1966, vol. 3.
9. GARF. F. R.-7021. Op. 148. D. 198.
10. Herbert U. Arbeit, Volkstum, Weltanschauung. Über Fremde und Deutsche im 20. Jahrhundert [Work, nationalities, ideologies. On foreigners and Germans in the XXth century]. Frankfurt, 1995, pp. 121–135.
11. Sedov I. S. Vtoraya mirovaya v zerkale etnokul'turnykh sistem [WWII in the mirror of ethnocultural systems]. Saratov: Izd-vo Saratovskogo in-ta RGTEU, 2013, 92 p.
12. GARF. F. 7449. Op. 2. D. 101.
13. Sovetskaya Adygeya [Soviet Adygei]. 2005, 9 April.
14. Tsentral'nyy gosudarstvennyy arkhiv istoriko-politicheskikh dokumentov Sankt-Peter¬burga [Central State Archive of Historical and Political Documents of Saint-Peters¬burg]. F. O-116. Op. 9. Svyazka 120.
15. V tylu vraga. Listovki partiynykh organizatsiy i partizan perioda Velikoy Otechestvennoy voyny 1941–1945 gg. [In the enemy’s rear. Leaflets of party organizations and guerillas of the Great Patriotic War 1941–1945]. Moscow: Gospolitizdat, 1962, 344 p.
16. Natsional'nyy arkhiv Respubliki Adygeya (NARA) [National Archive of the Republic of Adygeya]. F. R-79. Op. 3. D. 53.
17. Odessa: Zhizn' v okkupatsii. 1941–1944 [Odessa: Life in occupation. 1941–1944]. Moscow: Politicheskaya entsiklopediya, 2013, 231 p.
18. GARF. F. R.-7021. Op. 148. D. 32.
19. GARF. F. R.-7021. Op. 148. D. 21.
20. Razvitie lichnosti [Personality development]. 2011, no. 2, pp. 186–195.
21. Razvitie lichnosti [Personality development]. 2011, no. 3, pp. 226–240.
22. GARF. F. R.-7021. Op. 148. D. 62.
23. Sedye deti voyny: Vospominaniya byvshikh uznikov fashistskikh kontslagerey [Grey-haired children of war: Memories of former prisoners of Nazi concentration camps]. Comp. L. I. Ermalyuk. Kaluga: Fridgel', 2003.
24. GARF. F. 7021. Op. 148. D. 11.
25. Shpigel'-Antonovich A. V. Moy nomer I/46781 [My number is I/46781].Moscow:Russkiy impul's, 2010,256p.
26. Baranov V. Nam zapretili belyy svet…: Al'manakh dnevnikov i vospominaniy voennykh i poslevoennykh let [We were barred from the sunlight…: Collection of diaries and memoirs of military and post-war years]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 2006, 416 p.
27. GARF. F. 7317. Op. 20. D. 146.
28. Kuskova S. V. Metamorfozy istorii [History metamorphoses]. 2002, no. 2, pp. 162–169.
29. Zubkova E. Yu. Poslevoennoe sovetskoe obshchestvo: politika i povsednevnost' [The post-war soviet society: the policy and everyday life]. Moscow: ROSSPEN, 1999, 229 p.